Monday, August 23, 2010

It's the final countdown!

Well, it's my last week in Atlanta and I am carpe-ing some diem! This time next week, I'll lay my head down to sleep at the first stop in my journey in Oklahoma City. I'm busy packing and getting rid of things and I think I'm slightly numb to the fact that I'm leaving really soon. I'm trying not to focus on what I'm leaving behind, but looking forward to the future. I had an amazing last few weeks at Aria. I walked out of that place feeling really loved. I've grown so much there, both within the context of my career, and also as a person. I'm so thankful for my beautiful girls (and Matthew) that I've worked with for the past four years, and also for my incredible, amazing, interesting, day-brightening clients. It wasn't easy to say goodbye to all of them, but it will be so amazing to come back and visit!


I've also had the extreme pleasure of hosting my 3 1/2 year old niece, makayla last week, for an evening with Auntie Marmar. We colored, got donuts, made breakfast, went to the children's museum, had lunch and playtime at Chick-Fil-A, and got toys at Target. She had a blast. I had a blast. It was awesome.
I've taken care of my car for the roadtrip. I'm slowly pawning off all of my belongings to my friends. I'm enjoying my favorite restaurants and beautiful places and people of Atlanta. I'm looking at a week of more packing and cleaning, but I'm excited. I'm actually doing this and I think it'll be grand! But for now I'm off to sleep! Goodnight world!

No comments:

Post a Comment